|Full name||Maschinengewehr 42|
|Country of origin||Nazi Germany|
|Manufacturer||Mauser, Großfuß AG, MAGET|
|Faction||Griffin & Kryuger|
|Voice actor||Yokoya Sayaka|
|Released on||CN, TW, KR, EN, JP|
Click the marked area to switch between animations
How to obtain
NORMALHEAVY Timer 5:50:00. See T-Doll Production for details.
DROP Can be obtained from many battle stages from Chapter 3-6 onward.
REWARD Not obtained as a reward
There is no exclusive equipment for this T-Doll.
Stats / Data
The MG42 (shortened from German Maschinengewehr 42, or "Machine rifle 42") was a general purpose machine gun that was developed for and entered service with the German Wehrmacht in 1942, during World War II. The 7.92mm rifle caliber weapon was developed from, and was intended to supplant the MG 34 machine gun, though both would continue to be used and manufactured until the end of that war.
The MG42 has the highest average rate of fire of any single-barreled light machine gun, resulting in a distinct muzzle report. It has a proven record of reliability, durability, simplicity, and ease of operator use. The MG42's lineage continued past Germany's defeat, forming the basis for the nearly identical MG1, and subsequently improved into the still very similar MG2, which was in turn followed by the MG3. It also spawned the Swiss MG 710, MG 42/59. It and the MG3 were in service with many armies during the Cold War and remain so into the 21st century.
MG42 is designed to reflect that she is both lighter and sleeker than her older sister, while still sticking strongly to her sibling's sense of aesthetics. She wears a more urbane, showy version of MG34's outfit, with prominent leggings, a pleated skirt, and a necktie, with a similar officer's cap to the one MG34 wears. She wears multiple belts of ammunition, and her outfit shows more skin than MG34 does. Her brighter color scheme helps further the image that she's a newer gun. Fittingly, she keeps her hair tied back in a pair of long tresses that further add to the image of her being lighter and newer.
- Nicknamed "Hitler's buzzsaw", "Hitler's zipper", "linoleum ripper", "Hitlersäge ("Hitler's saw")", "Bonesaw" and "Calico-tearer" due the distinctive sound that produced from its rate of fire.
- Unlike her older sister, MG42 cannot be mounted as coaxial MG on tank hull mount because the square-shaped heat shield will obstruct the small hatch at the right of MG42 to replace a barrel. While so, MG42 was popularly used in sandbag emplacement, captured building, and mostly bunker.
- The effectiveness of MG42 on stationary fortification was proved by Heinrich Severloh, who managed to defend the bunker from approaching U.S Soldiers during Normandy Invasion with MG42 before being ambushed at his bunker. He's so called as 'The Beast of Omaha Beach' due his killmark of 2000 U.S Soldiers, although his claim is doubted by both US and German historians.
- Although known as machine gun with fastest rate of fire in the era and became a propaganda until the end of the war, the internal parts of MG42 are less complex over its predecessor, with the cost of accuracy and recoil control.
- In addition, the rate of fire it produced will eat up ammo in rapid succession, which considered as a waste of ammunition.
- The US Machine Gun, T24 was a duplication of MG42 with only slight change of US-Standard Rear Sight, and ability to feed with Springfield cartridge(.30-06).
- In her game CG, there's no ammo belt or Magazine(Gurttrommel) inserted in her gun. However, in chibi CG sprite, she used 50-round Gurttrommel Magazine when reloading.
- Younger sister of MG MG34.
|List of T-Dolls|